There are good reasons for this shift to video. Video content is a powerful way for businesses to engage their target audience and build a strong brand presence. In B2B marketing video is crucial to driving results, especially on social media.
The good news is that as video becomes dominant, it is also becoming easier and less expensive to create.
Let’s explore some ways B2B marketers can incorporate video into their strategy.
Building Your Brand with Video Content
Video is so effective because it’s personal. It can make the audience feel an instant connection to the brand and its products. B2B marketers can use the intimacy of video to connect an audience with their brand story.
Daniel Glickman is a master of brand development and video marketing. He is an early video adopter, and has used the medium for years to build his personal brand and B2B company brands.
In a conversation with Leadtail TV host Bryan Kramer, he shared his perspective on video in B2B marketing.
For Daniel, video is a long game strategy. It isn’t about a single video, or even a single campaign. It’s a way to engage with his audience, contribute to the community, and generate feedback. He is also an expert at content up-cycling, as well. He uses video to generate content for blogs, emails, podcasts and more.
So, how can video content help build your B2B company’s brand?
- By creating an emotional connection. Videos can evoke deep emotions and create a lasting impact on viewers. B2B marketers can use visual storytelling to create a bond with viewers and deliver a memorable experience.
- By demonstrating expertise. Video content can enhance your brand authority. When your brand presents valuable information in an engaging format, audiences come back for more.
- By building trust. In the B2B space, trust is paramount for nurturing long-term customer relationships. Video testimonials, customer success stories, and behind-the-scenes content help humanize your brand and establish trust.
The Importance of Short-Form Video
Short-form video has exploded in popularity recently. There are a few reasons why this short-form video content is now indispensable in B2B marketing.
- The “TikToking” of everything. TikTok is massively popular. And that popularity spans generations. TikTok’s dominance is the latest step in the evolution of modern attention spans. Short-form video caters to the needs of today’s audience by delivering a clear, concise message in a digestible format.
- Mobile is everything. Mobile devices dominate internet consumption. Short-form videos are a perfect format for smaller screens. It’s a simple matter of meeting B2B buyers where they are.
- Short is for social. Short-form videos are more likely to be shared on social media. That means it’s more likely your content will reach a larger audience.
- The price is right. Short-form videos require less production time and resources. That makes them a budget-friendly option for B2B marketers.
Dive deeper into short-form video with this handy guide.
Cost-Effective B2B Video Marketing
Creating impactful video content doesn’t have to break the bank. These strategies can help you incorporate video into your B2B marketing efforts—with the resources you already have.
- Good enough is better than perfect. Producing high-quality videos is now more accessible than ever. But don’t overthink it. A smartphone camera and built-in editing tools are more than good enough to create compelling video content.
- Repurpose existing content. Blog posts, articles, and presentations all make great video content. And repurposing is bidirectional. B2B marketers can extract massive value from every asset by using it across media platforms.
- Leverage user-generated content. Encourage customers to create and share their own videos showcasing your products or services. Don’t underestimate the power of this approach. It builds credibility, strengthens relationships, and makes for compelling content.
- Collaborate with industry influencers. Partner with influencers in your industry to create video content. This can help increase your brand’s credibility and reach, while also sharing production costs.
- Optimize for organic reach. Engaging and shareable video content improves organic reach on social media platforms. When paired with a smart advertising strategy, the results are unbeatable.
Getting Comfortable with Video
One of the most difficult aspects of video for B2B marketers is getting stakeholders and employees to agree to being recorded.
Getting comfortable with video is a hurdle, but it’s important to take the leap. As former national news anchor Lynn Smith shared in a conversation with Bryan Kramer, understanding how to communicate “through the lens” is an essential business skill.
The founder of Rylan Media helps executives bring their authentic selves to video. Whether it’s a video conference or a media appearance, communicating effectively requires authenticity.
“You have five seconds to get someone to like you,” Lynn says. “You have 30 seconds to get someone to trust you…authenticity is what’s going to make you stand out and provide important content for people.”
The Best Time to Start Using Video for B2B Marketing
As the old saying goes, the best time to start with video was yesterday. The second best time to start is today. More businesses are using video today than in the past nine years. B2B marketers who continue to resist video risk being left behind.
Video will be a major force in B2B marketing for years to come. And when marketers embrace it, the results will speak for themselves.
Ready to get started with video marketing on social media? Let’s talk!