Silly us. It’s only been a week or two since we kicked out the post: “Compare Your Company Against Latest B2B Social Marketing Data” and wouldn’t you know it… more B2B social data just came out.
Oh well. Since we’ve decided to take on the responsibility of keeping you up to data, uh… date on what we’re seeing from the trenches of B2B social marketing, we’ll make it a point share any interesting and relevant numbers that cross our transom.
B2B Social Marketing Data
On that note, here’s new data that we’ve recently discovered:
- 88% of B2B marketers are now using social media as a marketing channel.
- 10% of B2B marketers say that social media brings in a high quantity of leads.
- 5% of B2B marketers say that social media ads bring in a high quantity of leads.
- 18% of B2B marketers say that social media generates high quality leads.
- 7% of B2B marketers say that social media ads generate high quality leads.
This data is from an Eloqua, CMO.com, and Software Advice survey of B2B Marketers with the data shared by eMarketer. Here’s the actual eMarketer post.
Seems like the vast majority of B2B marketers now see social media as a channel (which they should). But clearly there’s more work to be done in using social media to bring in more, and higher quality leads.
With that said, Twitter appears to be the best source of social media leads. At least that’s what Optify’s 2012 B2B Marketing Benchmark Report tells us:
- Twitter is by far the most effective social media source for generating leads with 82% share of leads compared to just 9% for LinkedIn and Facebook, respectively.
- Twitter also had a higher conversion rate (2.17%) than LinkedIn (0.80%) and Facebook [0.74%).
- LinkedIn had the highest engagement rate by page views per visit (2.5), and Twitter the least (1.5).
Latest B2B Social Marketing Stats
To make life easier for you (and us), we’re now putting all the latest B2B social media data we discover into this one place: B2B Social Marketing Data.
Btw, are you coming across stats of interest to B2B marketers? Why not share with us?
Struggling with your B2B social marketing efforts? Download our guide: 7 Reasons Your B2B Social Marketing Sucks (and how to fix it!)